Automate email

Marlina

• Marlina changed the title to Automate email

Hi Marlina,

Nice visualizations!
May I ask you how you have setup the email content? I assume you use the automation services job builder.

And what do you want to share in the emails? As it looks to me, you have defined various visualizations as content, but from your Spotfire screenshot, there are more of them (slide 2), as well as filters and legend (slide 1). Do you want everything to be added in the mail content?

Kind regards,

David

HI David,

Thank u for responding my query. Please find my revised ppt files and steps on creating the email. I removed the filter and legend. I need all donut charts for all commodities to appear in the email (nicely fit).

Please advise if i have other option to be used for me to capture the whole page to appear in the email.

Need help from spotfire team auto email.pptx

Hi Marlina,

I see. As you select the visualizations, they are stacked in one row, below each other in stead of how you have formatted the layout in the analysis. You could export your page in pdf format, that would basically include everything you see in the same order.
This means an extra step in your automation job, as you need to include the 'Export report to pdf' task:
image.png.912540745b9d608c6d8077d949004839.png

You would add this pdf file in the send email task, via the 'Attached files' box:

image.png.52d987ba393bcbce728e281b4775c91e.png

There are two things to bear in mind:
- you need to create a report first in pdf format: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-cloud/latest/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire_client/client/topics/en-US/preparing_a_report.html;
- the pdf is gong to be exported to a file location, make sure this is a network folder the Spotfire Server account has access to, otherwise it cannot be located to add to the Attached files box.

As an alternative, you can also use our Alerting Framework for Spotfire to achieve the same. The Alerting Framework is built on top of the automation services, but gives you a couple of advantages. You can find more information here: 

Kind regards,

David