Apply Transformation Based on CSV file name.

pratikpathak

I have created one template in Spotfire, Based on the name of the csv file i have to apply some transformation.
I would like to ask is there any way I can automate this step, it should check the name of the file and then based on these name it should apply transformation.

Thankyou and regards,
Pratik Pathak

yes, that should be possible although it depends a bit on how you added (or add) the CSVs. I'm not sure the exact code off the top of my head, but you should be able to use Ironpython to iterate over your CSVs (either when using Ironpython to load the CSVs or by iterating over the data sources in the report and checking their type). As you iterate, you can use either an If elif or extract whatever transformation from the file name. Then Ironpython has ways to add/remove/change transformations to data tables.

Here are some example scripts that may give you a good starting point:

23 hours ago, barchiel33 said:

yes, that should be possible although it depends a bit on how you added (or add) the CSVs. I'm not sure the exact code off the top of my head, but you should be able to use Ironpython to iterate over your CSVs (either when using Ironpython to load the CSVs or by iterating over the data sources in the report and checking their type). As you iterate, you can use either an If elif or extract whatever transformation from the file name. Then Ironpython has ways to add/remove/change transformations to data tables.

Here are some example scripts that may give you a good starting point:

Hi @barchiel33, my csv is loaded in data source panel. I'm still little confused, lemme explain with an example, if in the name of csv file contains "DateFilter" keyword then only it should apply the transformation "[Date] !=01012024", if it does not contain this keyword then this transformation should be skipped.
I'm Unsure about how and where to place ironPython script, would you please tell me with a sample code. 

Hi @pratikpathak, so you have a set of transformations and in the titles are basically flags indicating which to apply? Something like FebData_DateFilter_ConvertToHours_FactoryFilter.csv? When do you apply the transformations? Ex. Right when you load the data, later when you merge data, etc. etc. 

Have you used Ironpython before?