time spended to open the .dxp file

Will Spotfire record the opening time of each DXP file in the Spotfire database? If recorded, which table is it in the Spotfire database?

For example,  which table in the Spotfire Server database records  the openign time of  "1.dxp" file.

image.png.349fe10fb60311b75e880e22a889c4e9.png

Edited by jiangyi Liu1706757917

Hi Jiangyi,

This kind of information is usually stored in the Actionlog database.

If you have created this database and enabled it in the Spotfire configuration tool, you should be able to query it in Spotfire. There is only one table and quite a few views you can get the data from.
I would suggest to start with the Actionlog table.

This document is a good point to start with: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/14.3.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/server/topics/action_log_reference.html

Kind regards,

David

• Like 1

Hi Jiangyi,

It took a bit of time, but I finally found it. When you set up the spotfire actionlog database, you'll see one table and lots of views.
One of those views, is the LIBRARY_LOAD_CONTENT. That one holds the information as shown below:
image.thumb.png.393af0043cbe3f05bc270c553b40cb33.png
Note that your librarytype is dxp and the Duration column holds the loading times (I believe they are in milliseconds).

But you may also use the below query, to get to the same results (if you want a custom query for instance):

SELECT LOGGED_TIME, MACHINE, USER_NAME, ORIGINAL_TIME, ORIGINAL_IP, SUCCESS, SESSION_ID, ID1 AS LIBRARYID, ID2 AS PATH, ARG1 AS LIBRARYTYPE, ARG2 AS DURATION, ARG3 AS SIZEB, ARG4 AS GROUPINGID
FROM  dbo.ACTIONLOG
WHERE (LOG_CATEGORY = 'library') AND (LOG_ACTION = 'load_content')

Kind regards,

David

Hi Jiangyi,

As it turns out, the duration is only the time needed to 'open' the analysis from the library. It doesn't include the calculation of the columns, which is what you are looking for given the screenshots.

We'll look into the different categories and log_actions to see if we can get you the combination that you need, that includes the calculation of the columns.

Kind regards,

David 

Hi Jiangyi,

There is a solution that works for analysis files that are opened via the web player. The time it takes between the log_actions 'load' and 'load_start', represents the loading time of an analysis.
See also this article: https://support.tibco.com/s/article/How-to-find-the-scheduled-cache-start-and-end-times-of-reports-cached-in-Scheduled-Updates-from-TIBCO-Spotfire-action-logs.

You can use the attached dxp file as an example, where I joined 2 queries from the Actionlog database, and merged them into 1 single data table to compute the loading times (datediff function).

Kind regards,

David

LIBRARY_WP_LOAD.dxp

Hi David,

I found that there is no value like "library_wp" in column LOG_CATEGORY and "load_start" in column LOG_ACTION,even though I executed the query after opening the analysis files via web player.😵

image.png.7b2e48a08387d53a86753c3b22fb19b0.png

image.thumb.jpeg.e94c5706422083077af6f1a02d374597.jpeg

image.png.92aca0bd34c0bd5087e4bc04bdd6cee9.png

And when i open the analysis file via web player, the log_action is " load_content" and log_category is "library",rather than the "load_start" or "library_wp".

image.thumb.png.6b8520393569b421831e1da83db34a78.png

Is there something ignored or wrong when setting the configuration? Here is the configuration.

image.png.7393fb14986ffd0a61791d09b773fa26.png

image.png.219b982a47c992dd1dd5a98236c5c6cd.png

Hi Jiangyi,

That is strange. Your configuration is set up collecting data from all possible categories (analysts and web player alike).
So, you should be having the proper log_category for the _wp ones...

As I'm not sure what is going wrong, you may want to let support have a look at it. You can create a ticket for this, via https://support.tibco.com. If you do so, please share the ticket number in here so I can follow along as well.

Kind regards,

David

Hi David,

I found the  log category "library_wp" and log_action  "load_start" on another Spotfire Server.But it turns out that the  time  between the log_actions 'load' and 'load_start' still  doesn't include the calculation of the columns, even though i opened the analysis files via web player.

image.thumb.png.ff83d589de6fec0a09a535cfae5a60de.png

Hi Jiangyi,

Great to hear you found the category!

But still annoying that you have the same outcome as before.
That is strange to me.
Before advising you to continue with the creation of a support ticket, could you try one more thing?
If you run the below query, using one of your session_id's, what is the outcome of time spend when you calculate the difference between the first time the entry came into the log and the last time?
I know that session_id can hold more open/close actions, but it would be great if you could isolate one analysis to see if the time difference is better calculated:

SELECT [LOGGED_TIME]
      ,[USER_NAME]
      ,[ORIGINAL_TIME]
      ,[LOG_CATEGORY]
      ,[LOG_ACTION]
      ,[SUCCESS]
      ,[SESSION_ID]
      ,[ID2]
  FROM [spotfire_actionlog144].[dbo].[ACTIONLOG]
  where SESSION_ID= '<your unique session_id>'
  ORDER BY ORIGINAL_TIME

Kind regards,

David

Hi David,

still can not find the time including the caculation of columns..When using the same account to login  to the webplayer, the sessionID will be the same for differenct analysis templates(showed imaged 1). So it`s hard to get the actual opening time for each analysis(including the caculation of columns, maybe not the difference between "load" and "load_start".Because it turns out that sometimes the difference between  "load_content" and "set_preference" is close to the actual opening time(showed image2).By the way, the records will be different when opening different analysis.It means that the log_action do not always  include the "set_preference" for each template opened via web player.Therefore,it`s difficult to get the actual time).

That`s fine if we can not find the solution this time. I will tell you the case number if I raise a case.

image 1:

image.thumb.png.09c2196c387897eb661643ad30c887a8.png

image 2:

image.jpeg.fa0582c7493d2f22e8f2f3735c40de5c.jpeg

Sincerely,

Liujy

Hi Jiangyi,

I appreciate the feedback. And yes, the session_id is used to capture more than only the load of one dashboard. Which makes it hard to pinpoint a single dxp.

I do hope our support team can help you with a more detailed query, to find the information you're looking for.

Kind regards,

David