Cross Table Row Control Limit Coloring

Lauren
Go to solution Solved by Kirsten Smith (she/her),

• My cross table shows Sum(hours) (values) by site (rows) per pay period (columns). 
  • The rows have a site hierarchy (business > organization > site) and the columns have a date hierarchy (year > quarter > month > day). 

I am trying to apply color formatting with an upper control limit (UCL) and a lower control limit (LCL) based on the ROW UCL and LCL, but the formatting is applying based on the TABLE UCL and LCL.  I created calculated columns in my data table that have Site UCL, Site LCL, and Site Average and that worked but I still couldn't get the formatting to work.  How can I get Spotfire to apply color formatting based on the row values instead of the table values?

That's what I've got here, not sure how to group it other than the default it gives me which is just Hours.  It is still only highlighting in Green items above the TABLE average and yellow items below the TABLE average, I would like it to be the ROW average instead.

image.png.317d8ef25d5cd1abfe438fb80cfe992b.png

I am creating this dashboard from a Tableau dashboard that I had already made, and for the KPI on that one I used WINDOW_STDEV.  Not sure what the equivalent would be in Spotfire.

Unfortunately not since it has proprietary information in it.  However it looks like I was able to resolve it by using the Site column instead of my Site Hierarchy.  I'm not sure why this is the case.  Maybe field type?  

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out that the problem was that I couldn't color my rows because I was using a hierarchy as my row column.  When I switched to using a string column at the lowest level of the hierarchy, it let me color the rows like Kirsten's picture.