Issue to setup backend infrastructure for Spotfire Co-Pilot

Niraj
Go to solution Solved by Marcelo Gallardo,

Hi Team,

I am trying to setup Spotfire co pilot extension locally but having some issue while setting up backend infrastructure. 

Issue I am facing while Accessing the application API http://localhost:8080/docs . When I try to 'Authorize'  in Data Loader its throwing the "Auth ErrorError: Internal Server Error"

Logs from container:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/passlib/handlers/bcrypt.py", line 174, in from_string
    rounds_str, data = tail.split(u("$"))
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 1)

It seems like its is expecting the 2 parameter may be user name and password and it getting only one parameter from the .env variable when I created the docker image but not 100 % sure the exact root cause. 

Can you please help here. 

Best Regards,
Niraj

error_dataloader.png

Container_logs.txt

• Solution

Hello @Niraj,

Please make sure the password you are using matches the value used to obtain the hashed password as indicated in the instructions.

• Obtain a secret key which is used to sign the JWT tokens.  You can obtain the key using openssl. (i.e. openssl rand -hex 32).
  • Obtain a Bcrypt Hashed Password for the admin user.  You can obtain a hashed password online from https://bcrypt-generator.com/. During the installation process, an admin user is set up with a bcrypt hashed password.  This hashed password will be used to authorize access to the service’s administrative functions and for generating JWT (Json Web Token) tokens. The tokens will be used for authentication while accessing the service. Please save the password used as it will be needed to get the JWT token.

Also note an issue related to Docker Compose when using environment variables that contain the “$” character, especially when working with hashed passwords. If your hashed password contains a “$”, please replace each “$” character with double “$$” to ensure  that the password is correctly interpreted.

Please let us know if this helps you resolve the issue.

Marcelo Gallardo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Marcelo, 

Sorry to come back late as I could not proceed after you provided the work around. I am still not able to use the PDF loader instance with Milvus data base. 
This time , we are trying to setup with latest version of co-pilot. 
The issue is when connect to /docs path using swagger UI and it throws error (attached the file). 

FYI: We are using Zilliz account (cloud provided for Milvus data base) for Vector database setup.  

could you please provide your input.

Regards,

Niraj

container_log.txt