How to remove multiple columns while importing data to a data table with IronPython

santhosh shankar

Hello Everyone,

I am a total newbie to IronPython in spotfire.

Problem:Description

I import a dataset with a lot of columns filled with irrelevant data, and then go ahead and remove around 10 columns everytime manually, during import (or sometimes later)

Ideally I would like to run a script which:

Imports data from a given file

Removes 2 rows

Removes 10 columns which I can specify

How do I do this Any help is appreciated , forgive me if I have overlooked a previos post about this topic.I could not find any.

Thank you All

Hi There,

It's possible to delete columns in IronPython:

from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import *

dataTable.Columns.Remove["My Column Name"]

myRowsToRemove = dataTable.Select('[My Column] = "Something"')

table.RemoveRows(myRowsToRemove)

You could also specify the rows to remove by creating an IndexSet. The above code selects rows with a certain condition and then deletes them. The syntax for Select is a bit like SQL.

Andrew (TIBCO Data Science)

• 2 years later...

Hi, I am trying to remove rows from a data table based on a criteria defined by a document property. I tried using the above syntax but it gives an error. Can someone help with providing the correct syntax for the where clause. Document property is an integer type. Here's my code: selectedTag =Document.Properties["rowNum"]myRowSelection = dataTable1.Select('[RowID] = selectedTag')dataTable1.RemoveRows(myRowSelection)Errormsg:  File "<string>", line 218, in <module>

Exception: Could not find column 'upstream.SiteView.Regulatory_Compliance.selectedTag'.I modified the syntax to myRowSelection = dataTable1.Select('[RowID] ='+ """+selectedTag+""") but still no luckException: The expression is not valid after '' on line 1 character 23.

Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Exceptions.ExpressionParseException: The expression is not valid after '' on line 1 character 23. ---> antlr.NoViableAltException: unexpected token: ["",<1>,line=1,col=23]