New to Spotfire tool 7.8 ver.

Sankar Sundaresan 2

Currently working with my internal team to setup this tools. have few question asked by our access managment team listed below

1)What type of authentication API is exposed by the application i.e. Is it a Statefull API or Stateless API

2)Does the application support Primary Authentication with additional verification (like Multifactor Authentication)

3)Describe how the login script works in this application in connection to the application server, to run the application, and to perform additional tasks (Tasks like Login to application server, Set environment variables, run command to start the application)

4)Does the application support SAML2.0 authentication mechanism. If yes is SAML2.0 SSO enabled

Can any one please help to clarify the question with answer in details will be much supportful

Regards

S.Sankar

• 1 year later...

Hello,

You asked,

1)What type of authentication API is exposed by the application i.e. Is it a Statefull API or Stateless API

- Spotfire supports Stateful API

2)Does the application support Primary Authentication with additional verification (like Multifactor Authentication)

-Spotfire supports different kind of authentication schemes like basic username/password,SSO (kerberos,NTLM etc) and two factor authentication. It can also be configured to use custom/external authentication.

3)Describe how the login script works in this application in connection to the application server, to run the application, and to perform additional tasks (Tasks like Login to application server, Set environment variables, run command to start the application)

-Spotfire is deployed in tomcat application server and it does nor require any environment variables or commands to be run to start. It can be run as a windows service.

4)Does the application support SAML2.0 authentication mechanism. If yes is SAML2.0 SSO enabled

-This support is yet to be added.