How to trigger javascript function only when a change occurs in page/tab of a dashboard in Spotfire

Ajey Kumar

Hello All,

Q1) Does someone know, how to trigger javascript function only when a change occurs in page/tab of a dashboard in Spotfire.

I have below JS which triggers every time duration of 1000 millseconds but I want it to trigger only when there is a change only. Bcoz of this, the page is refreshing every now and then and it is impacting performance.

JS Function:

$(function() {

setInterval(

function()

{

$("#load :first-child").click();

}, 1000);

});

Q2) Is there a way to read the selected valuefrom a regular listbox filter rather thanall values into javascript. I trieddifferent ways but it always shows all the existingvalues in listbox filter.

Please help/provide any solution for theabove 2 questions.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

1)It is not possible to trigger the javascript on all changes in the page/tab. For Filtering/marking changes can be captured in a data function ,which can be mapped to a document property and the javascript triggered on this document property change.

2)Here is a sample script to get the selectedvalues of a list box filter.These can be stored in a document property that can be used in javascript

from Spotfire.Dxp.Application.Filters import ListBoxFilter

myDataTable=Document.Data.Tables["Countries"]

filt=Document.FilteringSchemes[0][myDataTable][myDataTable.Columns["country"]].As[ListBoxFilter]()

for value in filt.SelectedValues:

print value