Spotfire Usage Report

Aaron Enego

I would like to create a usage report that would show the title of the reports accessed by a user. I tried joining ACTIONLOG and LIB_ITEM tables via ACTIONLOG.ID2 and LIB_ITEM.ITEM_ID but it seems that not all entries in ACTIONLOG table have value in ID2 field. Any idea on how to fix my issue or is there a correct or better way to get the data i need.

Hello,

Please refer the attached screenshot. You can retrieve this information from the action log table itself.

Also there is an out of the box action log report that is available as a zip file to be imported on in the Spotfire server installer.

Example path in 7.10 server installer-

SpotfireServer7.10TIB_sfire_server_7.10.0_winscriptsoracle_installactionloglogged_user_actions_ora.part0.zip

Sorry, but we don't have bandwidth to test version 7.10. I tried checking a document that would tell that there's a difference with how action log is populated from version 7.6 to 7.10 (and other version in between) but I can't find anything yet if there's any. So I tried what you have used under version 7.6 but I can't find a good result. There is data but it doesn't match to the actual unique number of sessions that accessed the report. Any idea if there's a bug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Yes Aaron, Tibco has not come out with the Action Logging changes, unfortunately. I 'wasted' many days perhaps weeks to investigate these because these numbers just did not add up (Upgraded from TSv7.0 to 7.8). Changes happened post 7.5. I got confirmation only after I 'pressed' hard...

• 1 year later...

I have created Usage Logs dashboard in Spotfire but data is not getting refreshed.

Not showing the lastest accessed dashboards.

In development it is working fine and getting refreshed at frequent intervals but in Prod it is not getting refreshed.

what can be done here