Zipcode Data for worldwide in Map chart

Robin
Go to solution Solved by Arnaud Varin,

Currently, we have zipcodes to match the values in data table for individual countries, My requirement is to have zipcodes marked across the globe.
how can i add zipcodes in map chart for all the countries so we can show measuremens by zipcodes for all the countries unlike for individual countries like USA or France or Sweden for which we have zipcodes seperately

Hi Robin,

Can you elaborate a bit more about the above. Because when I look at your request, it could be that you want to use the dimension 'Zip code' as marker, but it could also mean that you want the zipcode area act as the territorial layer (feature layer) as the example 'Sales and Marketing' analysis does with US states.  

Would it also be possible to share a dataset?

Kind regards,

David

• Solution

Hello Robin,

I guess you could join the zip code tables in order to form a single zip code data table that will be added as a single layer on your map chart.

To do this (if you are using the geocoding tables built-in Spotfire), simply browse to the Spotfire library under the GeoAnalytics folder where you will find the zip tables for these 3 countries. Start by importing one table (lets say USA Zip Codes). Once added to your analysis, add a next one (lets say France Postal Code) and you will see Spotfire suggesting to add it as rows to the first zip code table, as a join. Then do the same with the other zip code tables. This should do the trick. You will end up with a single zip code table.

• Like 1

hi Arnaud, currently we have only zipcodes for 10 countries, as we need zipcodes for all the countries joining the existing countries dataset with zipcodes will not work.
eg: for countries like India, Saudi Arabia the zipcodes dataset with Zipcodes is not available to include with others. 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:27 PM, David Boot-Olazabal said:

Hi Robin,

Can you elaborate a bit more about the above. Because when I look at your request, it could be that you want to use the dimension 'Zip code' as marker, but it could also mean that you want the zipcode area act as the territorial layer (feature layer) as the example 'Sales and Marketing' analysis does with US states.  

Would it also be possible to share a dataset?

Kind regards,

David

Hi David, I need the Zipcodes as Marker Layer, as we don't have zipcodes layer option in positioning for all the countries i wanted a data for all countries in the world. 

Hi Robin,

You can join the zip codes into one data table, as Arnaud Varin proposed. Once you have that, you can set it up as marker layer in the map chart by adding the zip code dimension to the Label filed (you will need to use some kind of aggregation, the below example uses First):

image.thumb.png.45e236697cde5c00d9f4054b2918917e.png

Kind regards,

David

Hi Robin,

If I understand it correctly, you want to have a global zip code list, to be able to use it in map charts.

This is not something we currently offer as out of the box functionality in Spotfire. We only have the individual countries with zip codes, as explained by Arnaud Varin.

If you want to have this functionality as part of the out of the box installation, I would advise you to create a new idea in our ideas portal: https://ideas.spotfire.com/.

Kind regards,

David