Spotfire Python data function, how to reduce the table loading time?

jie li 3

Hello all,

here is the example code in my python data function below:

import warnings
warnings.filterwarnings("ignore")
import pandas as pd
import io
import sys

pd_temp=pdtable
str1="Hello"

pdtable is input parameter

str1 is output parameter

my questions is when the szie of the input table over the 500,000 rows, the laoding time of the table is very slow. it's needs about 7 mins. is there way can reduce the loading time?

Can the data function read sbdf files in the library?

• Fredrik Rosell changed the title to Spotfire Python data function, how to reduce the table loading time?

There is an API for uploading and downloading SBDF files from and to the library using the server's rest API available from Spotfire 14.

There are also functions for dealing with SBDF here https://github.com/spotfiresoftware/spotfire-python/tree/main/spotfire

However, the internals already create DataTable->SBDF->Pandas when using python DataFunctions, so it is not clear to me that there would be obvious performance gains in implementing this separately.

Hope this helps,
Andreas

Thank you Gaia and Andreas.

the purpose of loading spotfire table to python data function is i want to have a feature that user can ask questions based on the dataset to the OpenAI api,  i just send below to the OpenAI
the questions the user i asked on the Spotfire UI
the column names

then the OpenAI will return a python code about how to filter the dataset and get the answers of the questions the user asked

then the python data function will execute the code openai provieded.

last the user will get answers from openAI

i figured out the whole processm but when the data table was soooo big, the waitting time is unaccept, I found that the most time-consuming task is to load the spotfire table as a parameter into the Python data function. that's why i ask the quesiton here if there is method can reduce the loding table time.

i use spotfire 11.4 LTS

thanks,

Is it possible for you to get your desired data view from OpenAI and then have your data source create the aggregated/reshaped view without loading into Spotfire? Data Virtualization often helps with that. For the initial step you can only have the metadata (column names, number of rows, column types, etc.) loaded into Spotfire and passed to OpenAI.

i have one more question, in Spotfire Python data function, Is there any other way to read the table in Spotfire besides calling it through input parameters?

The number of unique cases of  Adverse eventPT with Toxicity grade 1 and list these unqiue cases

for example, i have a xyz table in the spotfire, how can i load it to a pandas df directly?