Synchronizing zoom Sliders Across Linecharts

Antonio

Hi,

I have differents Linecharts in my dashboard, all of them have the same X axis (time). I want to create a button to synchronize them, such as this tutorial: 

However, it is imposible for me to set 

Document.Properties["activeVisualTitle"]

as that property is not set when I search properties. What could I do? I managed to create the button and syncronize to one Linechart, but I cant get to the last active one. Using ActiveVisualReference always gives me back the text area I am working with, but no other visualization.

Edited by Antonio

Hello Antonio.

The html and javascript is used to automatically use the last active visual as a reference (might not be compatible for all versions).

The JavaScript gets executed when the mouse is over the Sync button. It searches the html to get the title of the last active visualization. It also hides the Input Field Property Control that is linked to the activeVisualTitle. If you remove this script, you should be able to see this Property Control. 

If the JavaScript is not working, you might need to tweak the code to your needs, or use a dropdown  instead to select which visual to sync with. This dropdown can drive the activeVisualTitle document property, which holds a string with the value of the visualization title to sync with.

You cannot use the ActiveVisualReference because the moment you click on the text area, it becomes the actual visual. That is why you need to use the JavaScript approach

If you are trying to sync the X axis, then you need also to tweak the sync.py IronPython script to update the X axis. This script only syncs the Y axis. I trust you already did that, but let us know if you need help with this.

What version of Spotfire are you using?