Decline Curve Analysis

Dylan Daniels

I was wanting to see if anyone had success in creating a dashboard that automatically curves wells within Spotfire. I know it's a steep ask probably, but I was wanting to implement this into one of my projects. 

Edited by Dylan Daniels
  • Like 1

Dylan:

there exist a data function that does a very basic exponetial decline curve analysis. I would need to search for the data function. I you search within the community for data functions and keyword Decline Curve you will find it. It is very basic. If you want something more sophisticated I suggest you contact Tibco SPotfire to see if they can do a consulting project. I have develop several Spotifre based scripts using Data Functions to execute multiple well fitting routines, establishing well by well declines, 3-phase, DCA parameters, forecast, and probabilistic type curve generation and reporting. It just depends what your final purpose is. There are some special 3rd party Oil and Gas vendors that develop solution for the O&G space that could offer a more cost effective solution.

Hope this helps.

Stanley Little

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Stanley Little 3 said:

Dylan:

there exist a data function that does a very basic exponetial decline curve analysis. I would need to search for the data function. I you search within the community for data functions and keyword Decline Curve you will find it. It is very basic. If you want something more sophisticated I suggest you contact Tibco SPotfire to see if they can do a consulting project. I have develop several Spotifre based scripts using Data Functions to execute multiple well fitting routines, establishing well by well declines, 3-phase, DCA parameters, forecast, and probabilistic type curve generation and reporting. It just depends what your final purpose is. There are some special 3rd party Oil and Gas vendors that develop solution for the O&G space that could offer a more cost effective solution.

Hope this helps.

Stanley Little

I have this exact data function set up in my Spotfire. I am wanting to take these parameters and do the forecasting part as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished updating our A4E (Analytics for Energy) Spotfire Forecasting/Valuation Workflow template/toolkit with Spotfire 14.0 which has an advanced DCA Autocast model and is close to plug-n-play with any available well and production data source.  This pure Spotfire workflow has been improved over the years utilizing community mods and geospatial data functions. 

The workflow covers well selection, production data review, DCA autocast, Normalization, Type Curve generation, MCMC machine learning (Markov Chain Monte Carlo) and Economics.

Please review the slide deck attached and for more information or a demo contact john.buckley@blueriveranalytics.com 

A4E WF SF14.0 2024.4.02.pptx

• Like 1

• 2 months later...