How do you chart average daily or monthly production on the Y axis vs the cumulative production on the X axis?

John Brand

I need to recreate this example chart using my own data. The Y axis will represent the average monthly production for a group of wells for each company A, B, and C. The X axis represents the cumulative production for those groups of said wells for companies A, B, and C. I am able to get the Y axis set up, but I'm having trouble with the X axis. I have a production data table where each record stores 1 month of production per well

Looking at the data, [PERMIT_NUM] has the same granularity as [FARM] (there is one [PERMIT_NUM] per [FARM], whereas each client has 7 different values of [PErMIT_NUM]. When you are averaging or summing OVER something, you are actually averaging/summing for each distinct value of that quantity (maybe a bit counter-intuitive). So your X axis was calculating the sum for each [PERMIT_NUM] i.e. for each [FARM], but you said you want to have the values by [CLIENT] and average out the [FARM] (or [PERMIT_NUM]).

In terms of the Y axis, I used the average of [GAS_QUANTITY]: since your line is by [CLIENT] this would average out the [FARM].

So I set:

X axis was <Sum([GAS_QUANTITY]) over (Intersect([CLIENT],AllPrevious([PRODUCTION_DATE]))) / 1000000>

Y axis was Avg([GAS_QUANTITY])

Line by and color by was [CLIENT]

I got this plot

image.thumb.png.e4a45e6b420c3fa6c7dbf1d029dbd1a0.png

Thank you. I am seeing the same results in the sample data that I sent you. However, in my full dataset (same data structure as the sample I sent you but different field names and many more records) I am seeing this result. Any idea why that might be happening?

without seeing the actual column structure and axis definition, I am not sure.

Different clients do start from different production dates. This is hidden by the cumulative sum but perhaps something else is now bringing it to the fore. I see from the truncated label on the Y axis that you are dividing by another column. Could it have something to do with it?