New 2 spotfire How To show Current Quarter and Previous Quarter in Graphical Table. When Ever we have new quarter, it should display current quarter at the top and previ quarter at the bottom. Only we need to disply current quarter and previous quarter.

Ahamed Basha
Go to solution Solved by Fredrik Rosell,

• Solution

Hello Ahamed!

One way to achieve that could be to use the Show/Hide functionality in Spotfire which can Show or Hide data based on Rules. Note: this is set on an individual plot - you can use this when you only want that particular plot to show this subset of data and not filter ALL data to only show the latest two quarters. If you in fact want to do the latter, please let us know as that would require a different solution.

In the example below, I illustrate Show/Hide using a cross table as that is more compact but the same method applies to graphical tables (and other plots) as well.

In the example , you can see the complete data in the table to the left. I put the Date (as Year > Quarter) on the vertical axis of the Cross Table.

I right-click on the plot and select Properties > Show/Hide Items.

ShowTop.thumb.png.4ef92f6ff5e8a80206307c5f0311aaf7.pngRule for Max(Date), which gets me the "max" (most recent) date for each row

Rule Type: Top (so it's the "top"/highest of the Max dates)

Value:2 so it's the top 2 dates.

MaxRule.PNG.08c5ce2e9b3358a3f9229b45666e3222.PNGAs you can see in the first screenshot, only the two latest Quarters are displayed.

As I used a hierarchy (Year > Quarter) that also works if I show Year instead of Quarter - it then shows the two most recent years.

You can read more about this functionality in the manual: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/12.5.0/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire-analyst_UsersGuide/index.htm#t=show_hide%2Fshow_hide_what_is_show_hide_items_.htm&rhsearch=show%20hide&rhhlterm=show%20hide&rhsyns=%20

Note: The default sort order for dates in Spotfire is ascending. Attempting to change that to descending complicates things so I would avoid it unless needed. If you want to explore it though, you can find ideas for how to handle that (as well as ideas in the Ideas portal to vote for) in the Spotfire Knowledge Base article https://support.tibco.com/s/article/How-to-sort-a-date-column-in-descending-order-in-a-Cross-Table