Combination funnel chart / scatter plot challenge

Charlotte Price

Hi there,

I'm looking to build a hybrid funnel chart / scatter plot. I understand I can do this TIBCO Spotfire® Funnel Chart using JSViz if I only wanted a count but my goal is to show individual items like a scatter plot within each category (see attached mockup).

I have been able to trellis a scatter plot by category or duplicate the scatter plots filtering on category which sort of meets my needs but I was wondering if I could change the shape of the trellis boxes (progressively smaller, conical) or go more custom and get similar to the attached mockup which I understand is probably a little too complex.

Any thoughts or tips brains trust?

That's an interesting use case. Will something like this work for a Spotfire Visualization Mod? All the data in the example is hard coded. A lot of polishing needs to be done. The lines are simple smooth lines, but if you have the data or formula to overlay the curves will be great.

How did you produce such graph?

Anyways, hope you get the idea from the example as you can mix and match different series on the same graph using echarts.

We can help create a Mod if you can help tweak or enchance this example