Ask for help in implementing the following information on the dashboard. Can anyone tell me an iron python code that can implement the following? I also attach an example data table and dashboard chart configuration plan.

Min ji Kim

<See Visualization chart1>

1. When clicking the button in textarea, save the value entered in the input field to the document property.

2. Create an ironpython script, perform a condition statement with an input value, and then update(or replace) the data table by returning an O or X value in the status column.

<See Visualization chart2>

3. If click the button, the script will be performed, but I wonder if the cross-chart is automatically refreshed when the data is updated.

Or do I have to put the code that refreshes at the end of the script that is executed when I click the button?

Can anyone Please tell me the iron python code that can implement this function?

Hi There,

What you want to do is not possible in the manner you are suggesting. If I understand correctly, you want the user to have drop-downs in a table-like visualisation, and to persist and visualise the selections of the user.

My initial assessment:

I recommend developing a Spotfire mod to do this. https://community.spotfire.com/s/article/Spotfire-Mods-Developers-Hub-Welcome

It would probably need to be inspired by the Spotfire cross table or table plot visualisations, and html dropdown controls should be implemented to allow the user to select options on a per-row basis. Changes to these can then be written to a document property, which triggers a data function to calculate a new column. However, the complete set of values for all rows will need to be persisted, as all rows for the column will need to be recalculated every time a value is changed.

This is beyond the scope of a simple answer to a community question. If you don't have the ability to develop something like this in-house, I would like to recommend partners of Spotfire to implement it for you. Quintus, or Genware (DataShack) are partners that spring to mind. Please e-mail dr@spotfire.com  if you need an introduction to them.

Thanks,

Andrew Berridge (Spotfire Data Science)