In a bar chart, I want to compare actuals to Budget, after a certain month I want the Actuals to change color when it becomes Forecast.

Paul van Luling

I have this bar chart which shows Actuals (orange) and Budget (blue). Is there a way to change the colors of the bars for months 7-12 to a different color?

image.thumb.png.4871493bfd7800994874396fe1fa19ef.pngI already tried adding the "Type" column to the color, this results in the following, which is not acceptable because of the wasted space which is impossible to remove.

image.thumb.png.dcd9ada7dd6a617bb79821540468715f.pngDoes anyone have a solution for this, to either change the colors in the bars in the top image, or remove the wasted space in the bottom image?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for responding!

When I change the category axis to Continuous (and I bin it to make the bars wider) it looks like this:image.thumb.png.2fca6b07e431ede86669207ab3502032.pngWhich fixes the spacing issue (but creates a new one as it is hard to differentiate between month 1 and 2)

Also I would like to color the orange bars that are forecast (so from month 7 onwards) a different color to indicate it is forecast instead of "actuals".

I fixed it now by separating the forecast and actuals into different columns but then there is still a space.

image.thumb.png.58de5efeca3a9d83ee7bb86166d62ea2.pngIf anyone knows how I can achieve this, I would be forever grateful!