Ask how to display data on the chart only when a specific value is selected from a specific filter on the spotfire page.

Min Su Sun

Hello,

One way to do this, for one chart, could be something like in this example, checking if the UniqueCount of the filter column is 1 (evaluating the axis expression on current filtering only).

My data is this:

ID Value1 Value2

1 1 a

2 4 a

3 6 a

4 3 b

5 4 b

6 4 c

7 7 c

8 6 c 

I create a plot - bar chart in this case - with the following axis expressions, wanting to filter on the column Value2:

Category Axis:

<If(UniqueCount([Value2])=1,[Value2],null)>

Value Axis:

Sum(If(UniqueCount([Value2])=1,[Value1],NULL))

In the properties for the bar chart > Category Axis > Settings > Evaluate axis expression > Current filtering only

currentfilteringonly.thumb.png.f4d34648a9f564e6e7ad9d413465ff48.png 

(For more info on those settings, see https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/12.4.0/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire-analyst_UsersGuide/index.htm#t=vis%2Fvis_details_on_advanced_settings.htm)

Result:

Filter.thumb.gif.dee79375c818e712420a401b0d2f50b5.gif

Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't go into detail. This is a method you already know.

Rather than setting data to null in the visualization table or cross table chart, I want the data not to appear in the visualization table or cross table chart.

I tried using the expression below in Data > 'Limit data using exprssion' in the chart properties of the visualization table or cross table, but it doesn't seem to work every time the filter is changed.

[Note] Only ALL data exists in column A.

[A] = if( UniqueCount([Value1]),"ALL","")

When I select one value in the filter, I want the data not to be displayed in the visualization table or cross table, rather than setting the data to null. If there are multiple ways, please let me know.