How to make Box plots work with long labels?

Henry Heberle

We have a significant number of users working with the analyst and analyzing data. However, they need to use box plots, and we always come to the problem that they can't see the labels because they are too long. This difficulty also happens with any visualization with trellis, it simply cannot break the labels into multiple lines or make it like a horizontal layout where the width can be controlled by the user.

Unfortunately, our users are going back to Excel because the visualizations in Spotfire are a bit too limited.

The issue is that they need to export to PowerPoint, or screenshot, and rework all labels/visualizations manually every time they want to analyze anything. It shouldn't be like that.

Is there any solution?

Hi Henry,

I would very much like to meet with you so that you can show me the exact nature of the challenges. We have some interesting Spotfire mods development going on right now, where this kind of input is very helpful, so your post is very timely.

Please can you email dr@spotfire.com to start to arrange something? I will respond to that email address.

Thanks,

Andrew (Spotfire Data Science)