How to build a spk file ?

Li Mingchao

Good day,

I want to create a python module that can be used by the client and web, but I don't know how to generate spk files. Do I need to install an SDK tool? I see it mentioned here How to Deploy Custom Python Modules for Use in TIBCO Spotfire®, is there any other way to convert my code to an spk file ?

In this page GitHub - TIBCOSoftware/spotfire-python: Package for Building Python Extensions to TIBCO Spotfire®

• image.png.a84b3a14a30a04bd2cc9c2a28f96fbc7.png Does "building Spotfire Packages (SPKs) for distributing Python interpreters and custom packages with Spotfire" here mean that we can create spk files with Spotfire package?

Paolini thank you for your replay.

The link you sent doesn't say how to get a file containing custom code with the suffix .spk. I saw the following steps in another place:image.thumb.png.c997f6eb40cf7f5c188343fd9f84b975.png

• I need to use SDK tools to generate SPK format files for my custom code, and then install the steps in the link in your reply above to install? Is my understanding correct ?

Hi Li,

Spotfire SDK actually provides a tool to create packages to extend Spotfire Analyst and Web Player capabilities with custom features. And that is what is displayed on your screenshot.

This link sent by Gaia refers to another tool provided within the python services in order to embed your python packages into an .spk file

As an illustration, at the end of the page you have this comment :

The following example creates an SPK named my_pkgs.spk, containing the packages specified in the example requirements.txt. 

"%SPOTFIRE_HOME%\Modules\Python Interpreter_3.7.5.0\python\python.exe" -m spotfire.spk packages --name "example-packages" my-pkgs.spk c:\files\requirements.txt

Hope this will help.