Table names missing from the filter panel.

Mihai Daniel OLTEANU

Hello all,

I'm doing some maintenance for a report designed by someone else.

I've found the error which is related to "Relations". So all I have to do is to configure the filtering relations like in the example below (example from a different dashboard) and normally everything should work properly.

image.png.71a9df82de0cfb618e38155b188b298e.png 

The problem is that in the dashboard I must do this corrections the tables names are missing from the filter panel and this brings a big problem for me because I do not have available/displayed the icons image.png.9d8746f3a60f22ce8d21b19e88af4eed.pngwhere to configure the filtering relations, even though I have an active relation in my dashboard.

So, in the filter panel are displayed all columns from all tables (over each other) but without displaying the table are coming from.

Have you ever faced this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance,

Mihai

Hello Mihai,

If you take a look under Edit menu > Organize Filters, are there e.g. any data tables that are unchecked? I have not been able to reproduce the issue you describe using the settings available there, but filter organization seems like one possible area to explore. Your current version/the history of versions the analysis has been edited in might be a factor.  

If it's possible to share the analysis file - it would really help to have access to it - I recommend opening a case with Spotfire Support (https://support.tibco.com/).

Best Regards

Fredrik

Hello Fredrik,

I already verified the "Organize filters..." menu and everything is ok there, meaning all the tables are checked.

So, I repeat ... the tables names are not displayed in the filter panel area ... whereas theirs columns are displayed. (see print screen)image.png.87ed6de60c774f44b3858f2962db53ef.png 

Unfortunately I cannot share the analysis file due to some confidentiality matters.

I will contact the support team.

Thank you,

Mihai

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Once you hide all filters for the users to share/deploy the analysis with others, the "Filtering in related data tables" icon disappears. I cannot bring it back. The only option is to recreate the whole analysis. Please share if there is any solution for this. Thanks!

Hello Senthil,

Regarding "I cannot bring it back" - what happens if you show at least one filter for the data table of interest again?

Right-click in the Filters panel > Organize Filters...

All filters hidden:

hiddenfilters.PNG.465162459147382103006e8e93cbe637.PNGShow one filter => that data table (and "filtering in related data tables" icon) becomes visible.

showfilter.PNG.7b916796120e9824297bf2ccb5433e2f.PNG