Mobile App: Is there a way to keep a list view filter from selecting multiple on the Mobile App?

Kevin Flynn

In the regular web player version of the Dashboard, a list box filter requires holding down "Ctrl" to select multiple. In the Mobile app, it automatically selects multiple. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Possibly using a Python script?

Hello,

Maybe one alternative could be to enable check boxes for the list box filter (In Analyst > right-click on the filter > Show check boxes). Using that, it will work more like a check box filter (in the mobile app as well) - clicking on an item will toggle checked/unchecked for that item only.

Yes, I tried that. Unfortunately, the way it is being used is the List view has a list of Customers/Dealers (around 1000). They search for the dealer in the search field and select the one they want. If they select the one they want, view the different dashboard features and go back to the search/home page, and search for another, it doesn't auto-remove the previous selection. I may see about making multiple filters to handle the issue (a text filter and a list view filter). And with checkboxes, it doesn't uncheck the previous unless you select "Show All" first.

Ahh - I see. One related feature that might come in handy is using the"reset filter" function in the context menu ("hamburger") on the filter which makes it easier to make a single new selection, removing the existing ones.

Better support for this use case sounds like a good idea for you to add in the Ideas portal - http://ideas.tibco.com/ideas - to ensure that this is considered for future versions. I didn't find any existing idea that matches your exact requirement.

Best Regards

Fredrik