Inquiry on how to create more than two lines of display text in a button in a textarea

Min Su Sun

Hello,

One way could be be to use css styling, so you can style your buttons as you see fit. There is a Dr. Spotfire on this topic, where the steps involved in doing this are described - "Create Fancy and Stylish Buttons in Spotfire":

Here's an example I created to test this (note: this uses a Link styled as a button - not a Button):

button.PNG.36e9482b006bad0045c263d898662745.PNG

Hello,

The Dr. Spotfire session covers the technique, but for exact styling, you can then (as in the video) refer to (external) css references/tools to get the styling you want.

From googling, setting white-space:normal and the width was one way to get multi lines so that's what I used. So note, this particular example does not allow you to set new line characters in the "button" text at the exact desired locations, but gives a way to split the text into multiple lines based on the width.

My CSS (Edit: I'm afraid I keep getting blocked from posting the actual css code, but this image should illustrate the key part)

CSSExample.thumb.PNG.adad517140bd79e28686ad6431fd5ef2.PNG