Data of Last 5 min

Shri G
Go to solution Solved by Fredrik Rosell,

Hi All,

I have a Access Date and Access Type columns in my dashboard. I have to display the the Access Type data with Access Date of last 5 min of current date time.

Can somebody please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

How to solve this depends on exactly what you are trying to achieve - e.g. do you only want to import data from the last 5 minutes, do you want only a certain plot to only show data from the last 5 minutes, etc?

Here's an example of where I configured a certain plot to just display data from the last 5 minutes using "Limit data using expression", with the expression:

DateDiff('minute',[Access Date],DateTimeNow())<=5

DateDiff is used to calculate the difference between two datetimes, and I use DateTimeNow to get the current time.

DateDiff.thumb.PNG.2e5b743ac484cbbe1394a35d0129b1af.PNG

Hi @Fredrik Rosell​ 

Thank you so much for your reply!

This is working but only for last 5 min of data irrespective of access type. I want to apply this over access type as well like for each access type data of last 5 min should be displayed.

e.g. sample data table that you have shared, we should be able to see the data for Access type "2" as well along with "1". Last 5 min data of "1" and "2" access type.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

Based on the original statement - "I have to display the the Access Type data with Access Date of last 5 min of current date time." - I do not yet understand how the Access Type becomes a factor.

Is the comparison in fact with the most recent entry for each Access Type - not the current date time?

Using the data in my example as an example:

* The latest/most recent entry for Access Type 1 is 04:50:00 - show all Access Type 1 in the last 5 minutes from that, i.e. 04:45:00 - 04:50:00

* The latest/most recent entry for Access Type 2 is 04:48:30 - show all Access Type 2 in the last 5 minutes from that, i.e. 04:43:30 - 04:48:30 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Fredrik Rosell​ Thank you so much for your inputs. The given inputs are working. But there is slight change in requirement. I have to display data of last 5 min for all Access Type from the date of their first login.

example Data:

image.png.86e87495c14654c81eb7026cc712f318.pngExpected Output:

image.png.18eca4c67598ac48bdf94009652b1e82.png 

Highlighted records are the first login of respective user for specific access type. Considering that Access date time, I have to display 5 min of data from that access date

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hello,

I just saw the additional question here. In case the latest requirement is not yet resolved, I do not understand the example - how the data in the expected output matches what was described - but as a general approach, you might want to explore using calculated columns with OVER expressions to segment your data.

As a very basic example, see the following example:

5minutes.thumb.PNG.f47363b6dd34eb39b73c24c8f7c77e04.PNG 

I first calculated the first login of each user:

Min([Access Date]) OVER ([user])

I then checked if the Access Date is within 5 minutes of the first login of that user: 

If(DateDiff('minute',[Min([Access Date]]) OVER [user]]],[Access Date])<=5,True,False)

See "OVER in Calculated Columns" in the Analyst manual for more information:

https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/12.4.0/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire-analyst_UsersGuide/index.htm#t=ncfe%2Fncfe_over_in_calculated_columns.htm