Inquire sub data output between dropdownlist in textarea

Min Su Sun

I want to display hierarchical data from lv0 to lv3 in the dropdownlist only to the lower value corresponding to the value selected at the upper level of the dropdownlist.

On the left is a data structure in the data table, and on the right I want to create a Dropdownlist by Lv. Please contact us regarding the questions below.

image.thumb.png.1012ad492fb048b48e23f6278279b81b.png 

Question 1] Is there a way to disable Dropdownlist1 in the right picture so that other data cannot be selected? If so, please tell me how.

Question 2] When creating Dropdownlist2 in textarea, can I add a value called ALL to it after selecting Set Property value through as Unigue values in column in Property Control? If so, please tell me how.

Question 3] When data is selected as ALL in Dropdownlist2, is it possible to bring the entire Unigue values in column to Lv2 and add the value of All to it to display in dropdownlist3? If so, please tell me how.

Question 4] When data is selected as A in Dropdownlist2, is it possible to get Unigue values in column only for values under Lv1 A and display them in dropdownlist3? If so, please tell me how.

Hello,

I'm not aware of any easy/built-in functionality that would help you achieve this using property controls (maybe someone else in the community has a suggestion though).

Just to ask a very basic question though, as this appears to correspond directly to filter values, inserting Filters into your Text area (e.g. using List Box Filters for those columns) instead of Property controls is not an option?

You can create a new column with something like:

case when [Lv0]="TTT" then [Lv0] else "Null" end as [limitedLv0]

then use the new column for the Property control.

You can also use case statements to get different values in subsequent drop down property controls - if the selected value equals a specified value you can populate the new column, else leave it blank, to get customized drop down lists. Check out this article:

https://spotfired.blogspot.com/2014/05/cascading-dropdowns.html