Incorrect Configuration on Map Chart

Scott Russell 3

Curious if anyone has run into an issue like this before. I have a few shapefiles that are loaded into an existing report. They used to display on our mapcharts in this report just fine, but have recently started throwing "Incorrect configuration errors". and not displaying anymore.

The odd thing is that the layers work just fine when loaded into a new dxp.

Things to consider:

• Georeferencing systems have not changed
  • These are information links that are converted into shapefiles with the following being applied to the "shape" column:
    • Expression = %1.STAsBinary()
    • Data Type = Blob
    • Content Type = application/x-wkb
    • mapchart.columntypeid = Geometry

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Just to confirm, you are getting this error in an existing DXP file, but if you create a new DXP and add data from this Information Link it works just fine? Have you tried adding a new page to your existing DXP and adding a map chart with this IL to see how it behaves?

If the link works in a new DXP then most likely something happened to the current DXP, not the IL itself.

Hi Kirsten,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I've created a new map chart on a separate tab in the dxp in question, that error persist across all new map chart in that dxp. But its not a problem in any new dxps.

I wouldn't think its the ILs either, but was curious if anyone had any work arounds to 'reset' the map charts in the affected report. Otherwise a rebuild may be the only solution.