Mekko chart in Spotfire

Roman Ergakov

Hi All!

Have anybody tried to make mekko chart in Spotfire In standard visualization we have tree chart which scales rectangles by size only and these rectangles are not grouped to any groups .

I think about common mekko chart with (total) categories'shares by X axis for columns' widths and subcategories' shares by Y axis for colored rectangles' heights (see attached picture).

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or examples!

Have a nice day!

Regards, Roman.

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone!Does anyone here have an answer for this topic Marimekko / Mekko charts are way better than mere bar charts; it would be very useful to have a simple way to configure it on Spotfire.Thanks in advance to the little genious that would have the miraculous answer!

Regards, Nicolas.

Hi Nicolas!

Unfortunately I didn't find any answers in Web.

But I've created Mekko chart with JSViz based on available examples. It presents two dimenson-Mekko chart, switches three type of fact by radio button group in top of visualization, shows top 10 plus others in each column and highlights dimension group by mouseover even (see attached picture, all labelsare in Russian ;)).

In case it's convenient for you to use JSViz for your tasks I can send you js-file(s).

Regards, Roman.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...