Error: could not open information link

Sunny Chan 2

@System User​ Hi, Currently I was facing issue on accessing an information link thru spotfire analyst. The information link worked well in one of my dashboard but when I tried to open it a new dashboard I get an error message as shown below.

Error message: Could not edit the settings.

ImportException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data:

The referenced information link (5252fca0-08ab-4dd8-9ca3-39ecf27587ce) could not be loaded from the server. (HRESULT: 80131500)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.OnDemand.DataOnDemandMetadata.GetJobSpec(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, Guid informationLinkId)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Producers.SourceColumnProducer.EditSettings(Boolean topEmbedded)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Producers.Visitors.StructuralOverviewEditHandler.Visit(SourceColumnProducer producer)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.DataCanvasWebViewImpl.<EditProducer>d__24.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.FormsDataCanvasWebViewImpl.HandleEditProducer(JsonBundle args)

InformationModelException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data:

Failed to initialize connection pool: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server. (HRESULT: 80131500)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.InformationModel.InternalInformationModelManager.GetJobSpecForId(Guid informationLinkId)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.OnDemand.DataOnDemandMetadata.GetJobSpec(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, Guid informationLinkId)

InformationModelServiceException at Spotfire.Dxp.Services:

Failed to initialize connection pool: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server. (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.WebServiceBase`1.InvokeService[T](ServiceMethod`1 serviceMethod, ExceptionFactoryMethod exceptionFactoryMethod, String customMethodNameForLogging)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.Data.InformationModel.QueryManagerService.InvokeService[T](ServiceMethod`1 serviceMethod)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.InformationModel.InternalInformationModelManager.GetJobSpecForId(Guid informationLinkId)

Thank you in advance

Hello Sunny,

Does the issue remain - is it reproducible? This issue would be better investigated as a support case, as we'll need detailed information about your environment, so please open a case in the TIBCO Support Portal - https://support.tibco.com

When opening the case, I suggest that you include a DEBUG log capture (Troubleshooting Bundle) of the issue:

1. In a web browser, open the TIBCO Spotfire Server Web Admin UI (requires Spotfire admin privileges)

2. Go to Monitoring & Diagnostics

3. Under 'Spotfire Servers', select the server(s) that are used >> Set log configuration >> Debug >> Set.

4. Now try to replicate the issue. Note: Please make a note of the time of the test.

5. Go back to the TIBCO Spotfire Server Web Admin UI > Monitoring & Diagnostics, and click "Download global Spotfire troubleshooting bundle"

Also, in the case, please include information about how the TIBCO Spotfire Server and the Data Source are located/connected. In most of the (few) times I have seen issues like this, it has been an on-premise Spotfire Server, connecting to a MySQL data source running in the cloud.

Best Regards

Fredrik