Marking my week-ends

Yann DIAB

Hello Spotfire geniuses !

I have this gantt-typed scatter plot to represent a planning. I really need to mark the week-ends to make the plot easier to understand for my team. Ideally, I'd really like to use a grey color as a background, but I think it isn't supported by Spotfire yet (is it ).

Do you have any ideas how I could mark the week-ends (My X axis is not a continuous one because I need to mark specific hours : 06-14-22)

PS: Here you have a screenshot of my plot, please don't juge, it isn't finished yet (and it's my first spotfire project)

PPS: If you have any visual ideas (even if not linked to my problem), don't hesitate !

Hello!

While waiting for the Spotfire-geniuses to arrive, the first question to anyone wanting to do anything Gantt-chart-like would be if you have explored using the Gantt Chart Mod - https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/gantt-chart-mod-tibco-spotfirer

Also, if you post an example dxp file, it will make things easier for community users that may be able to help.

Best Regards

Fredrik

Hello Yann

You can use a vertical line to indicate weekends when using a continous X axis or add a nested expression to mark the weekends on your X labels when doing categorical

<

BinByDateTime([Value],"Week",0)

NEST BinByDateTime([Value],"DayOfWeek",0)

NEST If((DayOfWeek([Value])=6) or (DayOfWeek([Value])=0),"","")

>