info link execution as on demand data without input constraints

Sundaram Sridharan

I have two tables that get loaded from information links at start time. One is on demand with input paramter that gets triggered with a current date and time data function. The other is straight import without any input constraints. Because these two probably compete at start time, the second table invariably times out and gives an empty table

InformationModelException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data:

Failed to execute query: [tibcosoftwareinc][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-02396: exceeded maximum idle time, please connect again

ORA-02063: preceding line from ----

(HRESULT: 80131500)

but if I click on reloadlinked data after the startup, then it loads fine. Is there a way to make the second link as on-demand without any input constraints - I can always create a button to execute it but I can't find a way to set it up as on-demand without input constraints

while the second table can probably wait to load until after the startup, I need to have the first table loaded at start time and hence I cannot have it wait until after load

Hello SidSri,

Are you trying to load and table after the other in a specific order I do not understand how you want to have an on-demand information link without any inputs.

Maybe using transformations solves what you are trying to do. For example, adding rows or create a table from linked copy table in your analyis and add some transformations but it is not clear to me what you are trying to achieve.

Hello SidSri,

The stack trace simply indicates the ORA errors i.e. related to the Oracle database.

Please check with the DBA if the database was having any performance issues around that time.

You can try setting min and max to 0 to disable connection pooling for this data source via Information Designer to see if it helps.

We can see you are using Data direct driver template which is not recommended for production usage.

You can try using the native(Oracle JDBC for e.g: ojdbc8.jar) driver instead and test the behavior.

Place the jar file in the custom_ext folder in the Spotfire Server installation directory and restart the service.

Thanks.