Background tasks keep going indefinitely

Edoardo A

Dear All,

I'm facing an issue with my dashboard when access it from the webplayers.

The spinner icon at the bottom right is loading indefinitely when I activate filters in the dashboard (both filters from the filter menu and ones in text areas). It keeps spinning despite returning desidered data. This issue happens only in web-player (not always but quite often) while I've never faced it in the Analyst.

Taking into account that the dashboard has some criticisms:

10 calculated columns that change based on listbox filter in text area and with OVER functions

the dataset includes about 800,000 rows (with in-memory analysis)

2 web-players are in status "Strained" due to RAM Issue

What can be the cause of this How can I debug this issue When I hover on the spinning icon I can see only the tooltip that says "Background Task (1)". I can't find a way to open a window with those tasks.

Thanks in advance!

You can enable Web Player logging to look for clues:

================

Web Player service instances

1) Open a browser and log in to your Spotfire server as admin.

2) Click on "Monitoring & Diagnostics".

3) Under "Web Player instances" all service instances are listed. For each of them click on the rightmost grey circle with three dots to bring up a menu.

4) Select "Enable Full monitoring logging".

=====================

If you need assistance in analyzing the log files I recommend that you open a support case for this in the TIBCO Support Portal (https://support.tibco.com), and our support team can assist you with further troubleshooting."

You can enable Web Player logging to look for clues:

================

Web Player service instances

1) Open a browser and log in to your Spotfire server as admin.

2) Click on "Monitoring & Diagnostics".

3) Under "Web Player instances" all service instances are listed. For each of them click on the rightmost grey circle with three dots to bring up a menu.

4) Select "Enable Full monitoring logging".

=====================

If you need assistance in analyzing the log files I recommend that you open a support case for this in the TIBCO Support Portal (https://support.tibco.com), and our support team can assist you with further troubleshooting."

Based on what you stated, and what I have seen in the past, you should possibly upgrade the memory. I have had issues where the filters were doing exactly that due to the lack of memory and the # of rows (over 10m+ rows). Once I upgraded the RAM it ran great (didn't have to filter rows out).

Based on what you stated, and what I have seen in the past, you should possibly upgrade the memory. I have had issues where the filters were doing exactly that due to the lack of memory and the # of rows (over 10m+ rows). Once I upgraded the RAM it ran great (didn't have to filter rows out).