Authentication error while trying to read data from WebPlayer

Manpreet Singh

I have installed v10.3 of the connector and followed the instructions provided in the User Guide.

I was able to successfully connect to Google Sheets data using Spotfire Analyst and save the analysis in the library. I can open and reload the data without any concerns.

But,

1. I do not see an option of the Google custom connector in Spotfire web.

2. When I open the saved analysis in webplayer, I am prompted for login, get to OAuth Consent Screen and then it throws error - "An error occurred during authentication:An error occurred while sending the request."

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong. Whether only Service account is allowed access via webplayer if not, do I need to do any configuration changes while using personal account as well, similar to those mentioned for service account as explained in User Guide

1) You will not see any option to add a Google Sheets connection in the Business Author. Authoring is done in Spotfire Analyst and then saved to the library, where it can be opened in the Web Player in Business Author or Consumer mode.

2) It looks like the Google Authentication page is not able to send the login success message back to the web player. It looks like your redirect URLs are setup correctly otherwise you would have received a different error message. I would suggest repeating the steps with the Browser debugger active to see if a more informative error message is printed and take it from there.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, contact me directly via my profile link and we can debug further.