Sharepoint Task List

Ashni Sedani

Hey- The username is not actually stored in the task list. When creating the oData Connector, in the task list you will see a column named AssignedToId- This is the SharePoint ID for the user you want. To get the username, you will need to add a relation to the UserInformationList table.

To do this, follow these steps

In the left hand pane where the tables/lists are shown, click Relations->New Relation

In the window which appears create a relation which matches TaskList.AssignedToId=UserInformationList.Id then press OK

When you add the Task list to the connection, you will see the UserInformationList is added as a child list

You can select the required columns from both lists (e.g. the fields from the task list plus the Name field from the user information list)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

thanks so much for your response and apologies for the late reply. My problem is that I can't see the 'AssignedToID' column which I would use for the match. I see all other columns such as CreatedByID, ModifiedByID etc but this is the one piece of information that is missing.

I'm using the instructions from https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spc/4.0.0/doc/html/odata/odata_loading_data_from_sharepoint.htm to connect to a task list, rather than a regular list. Could this be a problem

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...