create pull down menus with data from information link

Sundaram Sridharan

Let's say I have a single column with 3 values - I then do a SQL query with these three values to bring in additional 2 columns - this returns a table with 9 rows (each value in column 1 brings 3 values for columns 2 & 3) - since I don't know which of the three value I need to pick, I want the user to make that selection. In the end I want to end up with three column three row table after the user chooses pull down menus to slect the appropriate value. How would I set this up through a text area

Hi Sidsri,

You can add a text area in which you place a property control (like a dropdown or list box). This property control can be used to filter out the data in your table (via properties --> Data --> Limit data using expression). As the property control needs a document property to work, you can use this document property value to limit the data in your table.In thefilter expression, you then set the filter on your column to be equivalent of what the user had selected (and is stored in a document property) as follow: [City]=DocumentProperty("City") (where City is your own column and property).

You may also use the input of the property control, to create an on-demand query in which you limit upfront the rows from your SQL query.

Kind regards,

David Boot-Olazabal