Hi, I'm new to Spotfire. One of my colleagues created two analysis (i.e. two workspaces). Each analysis pulls in dynamic tables and does some joins and filters. I'd like to take the output of both of these analysis and join them and do some comparisons

Kim Cheung

Hi, I'm new to Spotfire. One of my colleagues created two analysis (i.e. two workspaces). Each analysis pulls in dynamic tables and does some joins and filters. I'd like to take the output of both of these analysis and join them and do some comparisons. My coworker who has more experience says it's not possible to just merge the two analysis as they both use the same tables. So, my question is how do I save the output of both analysis as dynamic tables that can then be used as input into another analysis

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

It is true that you cannot merge two dashboard files. However, you can make use of these two dashboards and combine them into a new one (as they all use the same data tables anyway).

What I would suggest, is to make a copy of one of the two dashboards first. Then, make sure that the data tables in the second dashboard, are also present in that copy. If not, you can recreate them. As soon as you have all the data tables present, you can then start working on your analysis. If the prupose is of copying over visualizations, you should be able to drag and drop them (if you have two Spotfire Analyst sessions open, each having a different dashboard open). If the data tables are named alike and the data is available, this should be picked up automatically.

If it is not possible to do so, you can then try the following option. The output of both analysis, can be saved in the library (or on disk) as .sbdf files. These .sbdf files are basically flat files in Spotfire readable format. You can build a new dashboard using the .sbdf files and start with your analysis.

Kind regards,

David Boot-Olazabal