Filtering multiple tables from visualizations

Leonardo Yagelovic

Hi all, been struggling to find the best way to filter my dashboard.

I have one main table with all details of my clients and a unique number for each one of them. Then 10 other tables with indicators that may apply or not to each client.

In my dashboard if i filter the main table, they return the correct visualization, but if a click in any visualization it doesnt exclude the non filtered. Did a file so it'll be easier to see what I meant.The main view of the dashboard, it shows all info.

Using the main filter from the main table, it excludes everything but what is filtered.

If I click in any element of the dashboard it highlights in other visualizations, but doesnt exclude data.

How could I do this

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

What you are trying to do, is to use marking and then wanting to filter this out. Marking is basically higjhlighting the corresponding figures on other visualizations.

If you want a marking to filter, you can right click on the "Marked"value and select Marked rows--> Filter to. This will result in a filter throughout your visualizations. You can see it in the filter panel (at the bottom). If you want to delete this filter, just click on the x icon behind the "filtered to " line.

You can also use an iron python script to filter data based on marking:https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/how-perform-filter-marked-rows-tibco-sp....

Kind regards,

David Boot-Olazabal