How might you create a Cross Table with one column using unfiltered data and other columns using filtered data

Ray Jorgensen

I'd like to create one column within the crosstable that includes "all values prior" to the filter settings. For example, I have one column showing cost for several items within a givenfiltered date period. I'd like to add another column to show the costs on a project since the beginning of the project. I'm not seeing how to configurea CrossTable or column that uses both filtered data and unfiltered data, or maybe a custom expression that would enable use of "filtered" vs "unfiltered" data within the column.

I thought "SUM OVER AllPrevious" would do the trick, but that seems to be collecting additional data that I wasn't expecting. Any way to debug what "AllPrevious" is gathering together or list the set of data included with AllPrevious I've tried using Intersect as well, but I haven't yet figured out what I need to exclude from the superset of AllPrevious.

One way to compare all data vs. filtered data is by using Subsets.

In your cross table, put (Subsets) on either the horizontal or vertical splitting axes, and then go to the Subsets page in the properties dialog. You can enable for example All data and Current filtering, or even more complicated subsets such as those based on a marking or a custom expression.