Set parameter value for StreamBase node deployment

João Dessain Saraiva

HelloTibco team,

I am configuring aLiveView fragment and I would like to have some dynamic values replaced with the substitution file.

For example, when I install the node some variables are being replaced with the mysubstitutions.properties file:

epadmin install node --application=application.zip --substitutionfile=mysubstitutions.properties

I managed to have the JMS Server Address and CSV Writter path working, with the specific configuration files

However I am not being able to replace some values that are being assigned at the parameters tab, like the Filename input for the CSV Writter activity.

The value that I am always getting is the default value configured at the Parameters tab but I want the one located at the mysubstitutions.properties file.

I have attached several printscreens in order to make it easy to understand my goal.

Thanks in advance, stay safe.

Hello Joao,

Ok, so you are referring to a substitution variable from a ParameterSettingsGroup named sample-parameter-settings-0, but are you referring to sample-parameter-settings-0 anywhere, like in the EventFlowDeployment root configuration object, perhaps in the context of a container parameter

Also, since this is LiveView, we would have to figure out what the name of container is where your CSVWriter instance is, and create a container parameter for that container. For example, if that CSVWriter is part of an embedded publisher or application data source implementation, those modules will run in a container whose name matches the name of that thing's .lvconf file.

Alternatively, you could not use ParameterSettingsGroups and containerParameterSettings and use an operator parameter instead, and just ignore the deprecation warnings for now. That way, you don't have to know the container name.

Thanks for the feedback sbarber.

It works fine inside StreamBase Studio however when I try to deploy the same solution with epadmin the file name returns to "default.csv" that's the value I have on the default value for the parameter but I want to load the one from the substitution tag, example:

epadmin install node --application=application.zip --substitutios="fileNameSub=hello.csv"

I suposse this is related with thesbengine configuration file but I can't find what I might have wrong, any idea

Best regards,