JsViz Bar Graph Setup

MOKSHA SHAH

Hi Team

I am trying to establishthe bar gragh with JS viz in spotfire. I took the data fromhttps://community.spotfire.com/wiki/tibco-spotfire-survey-data-chart-using-... . In my case data is not popullating in the graph. I went through all dr. spotfire videos and documentation but could not ableto troubleshoot. Even though my code is not throwingany error. Herewith I am attaching code snipet and screenshot(Image 1, Image 2). Kindly help with my code(bar.js).

I have attached the following files from this link:https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/tibco-spotfire-survey-data-chart-using-...

jQuery.js

Template.css

JSViz.js

Hi Team

I have debugg the issue and it is related to the missing actionof data rows being passed. The snippet which I have attached (bar.js) inside it, add the following linesin function renderCore(sfdata):

for ( var nIndex = 0 ; nIndex < chartdata.length ; nIndex++ )

{

var items = chartdata[nIndex].items;

var barrow= items;

barrow.Question = items[0];

barrow.value= items[1];

//var pollrow = items;

bardata.push(barrow);

}

the above loop helps us to readeach row and push the data into the array.

MARKING ISSUE

Hi All

Now I am facing marking issue in theviz.I want a single visualisation on every marking, but in my case multiple visualisation is apperaing when I change marking.

Following are the obervation I noted while enabling marking:

1. My Script(bar.js) is running absouletly fine with no error. When I marked all the rows.(Image_3)

2. When I markany particularrow, the marking is working, but for everymarking new graph is appreaing.(Image_4). There is a part of Image_3 present in Image_ 4 which shows that, there is not a single visualisation, instead there are both old and new marked data present. And this sequence continues everytime I click on any row.

3.When I switch to new tab and come back to orginal, then all other graphs disappear and only marking one remains.(Image_5).

Kindly please help.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding this marking issue, I was not removing the exiting SVG whenever the draw function is being called. So I simply added the empty element in the fuction just before setting the svg. There are two methods to pass it:

1. $("js-chart").empty();

OR

2. d3.select("#d3-plot").remove ();

svg = d3.select("#js_chart").append("svg")

.attr("width", width + margin.left + margin.right)

.attr("height", height + margin.top + margin.bottom)

.         attr("id", "d3-plot")

cheers!!