Necessary Material (e.g. logs) for Spotfire Login Issue's Investigation

Maimi Takahashi 2

When I entered my username and password on the Spotfire (Spotfire Server) login screen and pressed the Login button, a message saying "Error logging in" appeared. After the error occurred, the following message was displayed when I viewed the details.

** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Error message: Unable to connect to the specified server. The server you are connecting to must be a valid Spotfire Server.

Make sure that the server is running and connected to the network, and then try again.

WebException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (HRESULT: 80131509)

** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On the server where Spotfire is installed, the security software (Symantec Endpoint Protection) was upgraded the previous day, and before the upgrade the login to Spotfire was successful, so when I restarted the TIBCO Spotfire Server from the Windows Service List with Synabtec Endpoint Protection disabled, the login was successful.

Under these circumstances, it is highly possible that Sptofire did not start correctly (Possibly due to Symantec Endpoint Protection) when the server OS was restarted during the Symantec Endpoint Protection upgrade process, but the cause is currently unknown.

I would like to investigate the cause of this incident. Could you advise about what kind of information is necessary Spotfire's investigation (Logs, etc.) and how to collect it

Hi tmaimi,

The best thing to do, is to check the server.log yourself (can be found on the server in /tomcat/logs). In the same folder, you may want to check the catalina.log, as this is where you will find any issues related to the start of the server/service.

Ideally, you would want to have DEBUG mode set, to see more prominent the error messages. If nothing comes out of it, you can open a support case, adding a global troubleshoot bundle to the case (to be downloaded from the manager console, in the Monitoring & Diagnostics section. Button is on the left upper corner).

Kind regards,

David