bar chart granularity

Raoul LeBlanc

I know this should be simple, but I am ramping up on Spotfire (Desktop) and cannot figure out some things (I am used to Tableau).

I have a horizontal bar chart that counts the number of rows of a category (in this case, the categories are companies and the value axis is counting the number of days that the stock traded. I have a column in the database called Year (it shows up in the data window in the Date area but is an integer); I have used that column to be the "Color" as shown int he attached image.

The data are correct. However, the problem is that the bar chart does not segment each color into individual rows. So when I select a singlemark(or a group) from the scatterplot on the left, it does not pinpoint the individual rows/segments on the bar chart. For example, if I select, for one particular company, 1markon the left that is from 2016 and 5 marks that arefrom 2018, it will highlight in the bar chart the entire block that says 2016 and the entire block that says 2018. it's as if I want a "marker by" choce, but that is not available in a bar chart.

Thanks fo any suggestions.

Hello,

You can do this by limiting the data in your bar chart by markings on the scatter plot.

To do this go to the 'data' under the visualization properties taband select 'filter data by marking'

When there is no marking - if you want to display the entire bar chart select the option that is appropriate to you