Is there any inbuilt function to export the unique data values from a particular column in spotfire

Sreeguru Devaki

I have created a scatterplot from the data table i imported, then i have created 2 dervied columns (created the new columns by using the formula)

Now I want to export the data into excel sheet. Is it possible to export only certain unique values into the excel sheet.

I would like to use some condition to export like we use distinct in SQL to display only the unique values in the particular column.

What you can do here is to add another calculated columns that tells you if a vlaue is unique in a certain column

So for example [isUnique] = Count([colA]) over [colA] will give you the occurence for each value in [colA]. Then simply filter to [isUnique] = 1.

Or you work with a boolean expression right away: IF(Count([colA]) over [colA] = 1, TRUE, FALSE)

You could also limit your data tabe or your visualization with this expression (no calculated column needed):Count([colA]) OVER [colA] = 1

If you want to do this several times then add a column property that takes a column selection. So, you can control your data with a drop down menu for example.

Edit: Sorry, myinitial answer was not correct. When you use Count() you will end up with all values that only have a single occurence. This is not what you wanted. But you can use the Rank() function instead.