Details on demand pop up in Tibco Spotfire

Casy Horsley

I'm looking for a way to allow users in the viewer to see the details on demand section only when they mark a visualization. I don't want the details on demand to always be visible. I only want it to "pop up" when something is chosen and then when markings are cleared, it to go away. Is there anyone who has accomplished this or something similar using a script If so, would you be willing to provide

*EDITED TO ADD* the python script works on it's own but when paired with the documetn properties, it is not working. Can someone review my setup screenshots and let me know where I have missed

You can acheive this using Data Functions and IronPython scripting. Check the following knowledge base article on how to trigger an IronPython script upon marking,

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Tibco-KnowledgeArticle-Article-45663

You can use the below script to toggle the details on demand panel based on marking,

from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import *

#get the table which will be marked

table=Document.Data.Tables["SalesAnzzdMarketing"]

#get the current data selection

dataSelection=Document.ActiveMarkingSelectionReference

#get the row selections

rowSelection=dataSelection.GetSelection(table)

# check the row count in the markings selected

rowCount= rowSelection.IncludedRowCount

#get the DOD panel

panel=Document.ActivePageReference.DetailsOnDemandPanel

#check if marked rows are 0 or more and toggle the DOD panel

if rowCount==0 :

if (panel.Visible):

panel.Visible=False

else:

if(panel.Visible==False):

panel.Visible=True

You can also check the following custom extension that can be used instead of a data function,

https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/custom-datetime-data-function-tibco-spotfire

This was very helpful! The script works flawlessly when ran on its own but when pairing it with the data funtion/doc properties I am not able to get it to work.  On the attachment I've included screenshots of the setup.  I have tried adjusting the marking/filters.  I also adjusted the expression on the Input parameter.  Can you explain what that expressions purpose is  Counting the column seems generic so not sure if it matters which column I choose.  

Thanks again.