How to move spotfire 7.5 database from one SQL server to other.

Rakshita Agrawal

Hi,

I have a Spotfire 7.5 setup on my machine. I am using SQL server of another machine to keep the Spotfire database. Now I need to move my Spotfire database on another machine. I took the backup of my Spotfire database and restored on the SQL server of another machine.

Now I want to edit the bootstrap.xml to point my'Spotfire' db which is now on new SQL server. But I am unable to do this as when I open the configuration tool by giving the password, it gets opened but the bootstrap tab(in which I need to edit the database server) shows disabled. And if I am directly editing the file' bootdtrap.xml' in notepad then it not works.

Can anyone help me, how to achieve this

Also do I need to perform some other steps Please share that as well.

I am able to move the database using the configuration tool. I have clicked on the New bootstrap file creation option and created a new one. It automnatically took my last changes for other tabs i.e. Configuration tab, Administration tab etc. And my Spotfire database moved successfully and it is working.

Great, glad you got it reconfigured!

And just to clarify for other users, the database itself needs to be moved separately first. ie via standard database migration/backup-restore methods. Then Spotfire's bootstrap.xml needs to be updated to point to the new server. Technically this can be done by directly editing the bootstrap.xml file, or you can create a new one like you did via the TSS configuration tool.

• 3 years later...

It automnatically took my last changes for other tabs i.e. Configuration tab, Administration tab etc.

With Spotfire 10.3 this no longer seems to be the case. Took me a while to find the place in the Configuration tab where I had to make the same changes as in the bootstrap itself. Just in case you run into the same issue take a look there...