Varied user input based on data in Spotfire

Karolina Glowacka

Hi,

I have the following problem. I need to create a dashboard where a user enters some data regarding products in the underlying data table. This user input is then used to perform certain calculations and a report is presented to the user with the output. The difficulty I have is that the user input (product names, number of products, etc) will vary based on the product class selected by the user. For example, a user might have to enter info for 5 to 20 different products depending on the class selected.

I have not found a way of handling this in Spotfire other than markingeach row individually and updating the input in the text area. Is it possible to implement it any other wayFurther, I don't want to store the user input in the database as it's irrelevant as soon as the calculations are performed -- can it be stored as a variable local to the Spotfire session

Thanks for any tips!

Can you please clarify your request:

Is the data pulled from a database or is the data already stored as a data table within the report How is the user input performed As one or multiple document properties Is the output a new data table or just a new column

Could you provide a sample dxp file or at least a snapshot