Spotfire: customizable report

Cat Po

Hello,

I'm currently using Spotfire 10 and I need to customize some visualizations on a report.

Basically, I need to present my data by PreviousYear, Current Year, Previous Quarter, Current Quarter, Current Month and Current Week (based on a selection), but by default Spotfire is always aggregating these data due to the hierarchies.

Although this, the predefined cross tables and summary tables from Spotfire are not displaying the information on the way that I want to.

To solve this situation, I created a customizable HTML table because I wanted to show something like this:

(Totals)

Previous year

Current year

Previous quarter

Current Quarter

Current Month

Current week

Function A

Function B

where, Function A and Function B are calculated columns and the table is populated with Python and JS scripts.

The same problem is applied when I try put these informations on a chart because the x-axis does not correspond to the HTML Table header.

My toubleshooting for this was to use Subsets, but I cannot make the bar's name change dynamically based on my selection (as I show on the second image)

-->

So, my question is if there's an easier way to costumize all of these visualizations more dynamically

If someone could please help me, I would be really apreciated.

Thank you.