TIBCO Spotfire Fails To Prevent Write Access to Spotfire Library
Original release date: January 16, 2019
Source: TIBCO Software Inc.
- TIBCO Spotfire Analytics Platform for AWS Marketplace versions 10.0.0 and below
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.10.1 and below
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.11.0, and 7.11.1
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.12.0, 7.13.0, 7.14.0, and 10.0.0
The following component is affected:
- Spotfire Library
The component listed above contains a vulnerability that might theoretically fail to restrict users with read-only access from modifying files stored in the Spotfire Library, only when the Spotfire Library is configured to use external storage.
The impact of this vulnerability includes the theoretical possibility that a user with read-only access to the Spotfire Library can modify files stored in the Library. With that capability, among other possibilities, an attack could undermine the integrity of analysis results.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 6.5 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues. In addition, we recommend that server administrators run the command line tool "check-external-library" to verify the consistency of the external storage. Please see the Spotfire Server Installation and Administration guide for further details.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO Spotfire Analytics Platform for AWS Marketplace versions 10.0.0 and below update to version 10.0.1 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.10.1 and below update to version 7.10.2 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.11.0, and 7.11.1 update to version 7.11.2 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.12.0, 7.13.0, 7.14.0, and 10.0.0 update to version 10.0.1 or higher